Using Taylor's R-0867 Deox reagent in a K-2005 kit

Aug 29, 2011
New here! First post! I hope someone can help me.

We've got the Taylor K-2005 "Complete" test kit (rebranded by Leslie's Pools) that utilizes the DPD test kit for FC and TC.
I want to shock our pool using monopersulfate, but its clear that MPS can interfere with the TC reagent, giving an artificially high reading. Taylor sells a "Deox Reagent" (R-0867) that removes MPS interference from the DPD test. What I *cannot* find are instructions to use it with the K-2005 kit. e.g. How many drops of R-0867 to add and when during the test?

For the record, I went by our local Leslie's looking for the reagent and help on the topic, but they hadn't even heard of the reagent before...

Thanks!

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/produ ... umber=5807

http://www.taylortechnologies.com/produ ... KitID=2266

Also, if you buy reagent R-0870 and R-0871, then you can do an FAS-DPD chlorine test in the comparator test tube that comes with the K-2005.

Just fill the large tube to the 10 ml line, add two scoops of R-0870 powder and then add R-0871 drop-by drop counting the drops until the pink color clears. Multiply the number of drops by 0.5 ppm to get the FC reading.

Then add 5 drops of R-0003 (which comes in the K2005). If the pink color returns, add R-0871 drop-by drop counting the drops until the pink color clears again. Multiply the number of drops by 0.5 ppm to get the CC reading.

So you're not really shocking. You're just throwing something in there to raise the FC a little while. You really need to read the pool school article on shocking. If you need to shock, you really don't need to swim in and hour or two after first starting it. You've just began to kill whatever is in there and one application doesn't make it sanitary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.