Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: hot tub aerator

hot tub aerator

I have ben using bleach in my watkins hot tub for about 4 years now. I would like to do away with the aerator in the hot tub. My question is can I just unplug aerator unit or do I need to remove and plug air lines also?

Thanks Ric
    Ric W
    My Pool
    8605 gal fiberglass, 3/4 hp pump, sand filter, aquabot cleaner, heat siphon heat pump, tiger river(sumatran) spa

Re: hot tub aerator

Just curious, why do you want to remove it? pH rise? If you do remove it, my thought is it is probably best to plug, so stuff can't grow in it easily where the flow is low.
    TFP Moderator who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.