Get the phosphates out

Aug 31, 2011
Split off of this topic. JasonLion

Same problem. Drove me crazy and it is not cheap to undo...cost of product high.....
Problem is Phosphates. They eat the chlorine as soon as it hits the water. The best product I have found that works to remove it all
is Salinity SUPER phosphate remover. I have tried most of the others and they removed some and it came back, we have no plants etc.
and have no Idea where it comes from (probably an alien using the pool at night).
any more problems and a load or two or three of dirt will fix the problem for good.

GET THE PHOSPHATES OUT.....

Phosphates have nothing what so ever to do with it. If you maintain appropriate FC levels you won't get algae, regardless of your phosphate level. My phosphate level is been between 3,000 and 4,000 for years and I have never had an algae problem.

Hmmm...first post ever and he's pushing a product...
I love this little PIECE OF MISINFORMATION - "Problem is Phosphates. They eat the chlorine as soon as it hits the water."
Phosphates do not eat chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.