Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Get the phosphates out

1. Back To Top    #1

Get the phosphates out

Split off of this topic. JasonLion

Same problem. Drove me crazy and it is not cheap to undo...cost of product high.....
    Problem is Phosphates. They eat the chlorine as soon as it hits the water. The best product I have found that works to remove it all
    is Salinity SUPER phosphate remover. I have tried most of the others and they removed some and it came back, we have no plants etc.
    and have no Idea where it comes from (probably an alien using the pool at night).
    any more problems and a load or two or three of dirt will fix the problem for good.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Get the phosphates out

Phosphates have nothing what so ever to do with it. If you maintain appropriate FC levels you won't get algae, regardless of your phosphate level. My phosphate level is been between 3,000 and 4,000 for years and I have never had an algae problem.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Burlington, ON, Canada

Hmmm...first post ever and he's pushing a product...
    I love this little PIECE OF MISINFORMATION - "Problem is Phosphates. They eat the chlorine as soon as it hits the water."
    Phosphates do not eat chlorine.
    16x28 Roman, 55000 litres, salt water, Zodiac Duoclear 130 (mineral cartridge removed!!!), inground, vinyl liner
    Hayward Tri-star 1HP (1.85) pump, Hayward sand filter
    Nine Fafco Sunsaver 4x10 solar panels, Jandy LX 250 natural gas heater
    Jandy Aqualink PDA with Sub Panel Power Centre

4. Back To Top    #4
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote Originally Posted by rcy
    Phosphates do not eat chlorine.
    Yeahbut the aliens that bring them into the pool at night are very dirty
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Portland, Oregon

And hungry apparently...
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.