Hayward E65 gasket issues

steves

Aug 30, 2011
I had to replace the gasket and plates on my E65 hayward pool filter. When I place the assembly back on the gasket is not seating in the groove and when tighted and turn the water on it leaks at various spots.

I took it out, sprayed with WD-40. placed it on 90 degrees off and felt a nice slide when I put it back into position. This reduced the number of leaks but did not stop them.

Is there a special way to tighten the bolts (I used opposites in the same way I do when changing a tire).

HELP. I have tried 5 times to get this gasket back on.

Steve

Re: Heyward EC-65 DE Filter

WD-40 is not good to use. Petroleum products will degrade the rubber and cause it to deteriorate. The best thing to use is a silicone lubricant, such as Magic lube II or Dow Corning 111.

If the gasket does not fit in the groove, then you might have the gasket improperly seated between the plates. You should disassemble the plates and reseat the gasket. Clean off the WD-40 and apply silicone lubricant.

Sometimes the top gets warped and won't make a good seal. If that happens, you might have to replace the top.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.