The Good News Is....

Irene did major damage here. That is only 1 of 9 huge trees that are down on my property. That tree pictured is about 80 ft tall and took out part of my deck as well. I submitted the insurance claim but it could be a while before I hear anything because everywhere you look here there are people with trees on their roofs, flooded basement, collapsed houses, etc. My only problem is giant oaks all over my trashed yard. No buildings taken out.
The upside is with all the downed trees it opened up the sky so we can install a bigger pool.
Just thought I would share.

Sorry about your pool, but I'm glad you still have your house. We have some huge trees around our house. I scared the same thing will happn to us if we don't get them cut down soon.

Good luck with your insurance company. Hopefully you will have another pool by spring.

Wow! So glad that didn't take out your house! Salvage what parts you can, there maybe someone else who would like to buy some of the undamaged pieces as spare parts for their pool. Save a good size chunk of liner for patches if you know you will be getting another pool with a liner. Glad you and your family are safe. We had a moderate sized mess to clean up after Ike, so I feel for you. Try and get a tree service to take care of any damaged limbs that are way up high in those trees. Every time we had a good size storm with wind over the next 18 months those damaged limbs we couldn't reach came crashing down. We were very lucky no one ever was hurt.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh WOW! Glad it was only the pool and not the house and everybody was ok. As others have said, save the parts if you are going to replace with the same model. If you are going to upgrade, ebay or craigslist whatever parts you cannot use, sell the firewood if you don't have a fireplace and use the cash for the upgrade.

Looks we will have a pool again this year. :)
We installed an exact replica of the one we had before Irene. It would have been nice to have a larger pool but better half was not into the excavation process again. It would have been like starting all over again. But that is ok since I am the one who has the sole duty of maintaining the pool.
My better half said it was much easier to install the 2nd time around, probably because there was no excavation involved and they had done it before.
Still have to hook up the pump, filter and install the skimmer, and do some landscaping but the worst part is behind us.

Now, I just need to keep the oak trees out of the pool!

Christine

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.