Self Installed 6/09
    Crushed by Irene, and a 50ft oak 8/28/11
    Re installing 4/12 and up and running

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: The Good News Is....

Ouch!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

christine19720, sorry to see that!
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

You forgot about the free firewood too! Sorry folks.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

ouch hope the insurance replaces it

6. Back To Top    #6

wow , sure hope your insurance has you covered.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Irene did major damage here. That is only 1 of 9 huge trees that are down on my property. That tree pictured is about 80 ft tall and took out part of my deck as well. I submitted the insurance claim but it could be a while before I hear anything because everywhere you look here there are people with trees on their roofs, flooded basement, collapsed houses, etc. My only problem is giant oaks all over my trashed yard. No buildings taken out.
    The upside is with all the downed trees it opened up the sky so we can install a bigger pool.
    Just thought I would share.
    18 X 54 Round-Wilbar-Sharkline Above Ground Tahitian
    Stainless steel access panel/ 1.5 hp pump
    Self Installed 6/09

8. Back To Top    #8

Sorry about your pool, but I'm glad you still have your house. We have some huge trees around our house. I scared the same thing will happn to us if we don't get them cut down soon.

Good luck with your insurance company. Hopefully you will have another pool by spring.
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

9. Back To Top    #9

Wow! So glad that didn't take out your house! Salvage what parts you can, there maybe someone else who would like to buy some of the undamaged pieces as spare parts for their pool. Save a good size chunk of liner for patches if you know you will be getting another pool with a liner. Glad you and your family are safe. We had a moderate sized mess to clean up after Ike, so I feel for you. Try and get a tree service to take care of any damaged limbs that are way up high in those trees. Every time we had a good size storm with wind over the next 18 months those damaged limbs we couldn't reach came crashing down. We were very lucky no one ever was hurt.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

So glad to hear that no one was hurt. Were you at home when the trees came down? It must have been a dreadful sound. Hope that the insurance rep shows up soon.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

11. Back To Top    #11

Well, on the upside at least you have the chance to rebuild and make any upgrades you may have secretly wanted.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

12. Back To Top    #12

Glad your family is safe.
    27'x54" Matrix Resin - 200lb Pentair sand filter - 1.5hp Pentair optiflow 2 speed pump - Aquatrol SWG - Gorilla Pad

13. Back To Top    #13

Oh WOW! Glad it was only the pool and not the house and everybody was ok. As others have said, save the parts if you are going to replace with the same model. If you are going to upgrade, ebay or craigslist whatever parts you cannot use, sell the firewood if you don't have a fireplace and use the cash for the upgrade.
    -Melissa
    Intex Ultra 16'x48"
    Intex SWG
    Intex 2650 sand filter

14. Back To Top    #14

Looks we will have a pool again this year.
    We installed an exact replica of the one we had before Irene. It would have been nice to have a larger pool but better half was not into the excavation process again. It would have been like starting all over again. But that is ok since I am the one who has the sole duty of maintaining the pool.
    My better half said it was much easier to install the 2nd time around, probably because there was no excavation involved and they had done it before.
    Still have to hook up the pump, filter and install the skimmer, and do some landscaping but the worst part is behind us.

Now, I just need to keep the oak trees out of the pool!

Christine
    Self Installed 6/09

15. Back To Top    #15

Congrats on getting back to swimming It would be fun to see a finished picture, the last one was so sad.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

16. Back To Top    #16

No more tree
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Self Installed 6/09

17. Back To Top    #17

Congrats on the open pool. Looks inviting!
    2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!