Iadd 10 bags pf 40 lb each
    And 4 more in a dif week and still
    Says add...
    Does it need more ?
    Or is amalfunction??
    Ithink my son trow amarble in pool
    Which is stick inside filter
    Ihear a bubbly sound
    16x32 grecian IG vinyl, appx 19000 gallons, s210t sand filter, Hayward 1HP pump, T-Cell-15 SWCG, Goldline Aqua Plus Controller

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: My pool says low on salt but...

Welcome to TFP!

You can't rely on the generator to give you an accurate reading. Take a water sample to a pool store or get some of These strips to test it.

The noise you are hearing is air in the filter. It sounds exactly like marbles rattling. You have a small air leak in the suction side of your system. Use some pool lube on the O-ring on your pump strainer basket lid and make sure it is tight.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Re: My pool says low on salt but...

Which salt syste do you have? Some systems can indicate low salt, based on the cell condition. If it is old or scaled, it can display low salt, so you're in fact adding salt when not needed. Rather, as John said, have the water tested for salinity to ensure what your salt level is. Then, remove the cell and inspect for scale build up. Acid wash the cell as needed.
    If your salt system has a high salt limitation, you will need to be careful with just adding salt when it says so, because if it is due to a scaled cell condition, once cleaned, it will tell you that you have too much salt, and that dilution will be necessary (partial draining and refilling).
    Sean Assam -
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators