Pentair automation experts,
I've searched the forums and read every post involving the IntelliTouch and Easy Touch, but I'm still stumped. I need to make a decision soon for my PB. Here is the situation:
My contract specifies the IntelliTouch I9+3 with indoor controller and remote. For some strange reason (related to PB not knowing the products, I believe), I thought I was getting the IntelliTouch indoor screen plus the EasyTouch remote. Now I know they don't work together.
My PB says I don't need IntelliTouch. He says I'll never use all the features of IntelliTouch and if I go with EasyTouch indoor controller and remote, he'll give me a $600 credit. PB claims that IntelliTouch is older tech and will be discontinued soon. This seems hard to believe since it is their premier system. Of course they sell more EasyTouch due to the price point, but I'd think there would still be a higher end market for the IntelliTouch.
- 14K gal free form with attached spa.
- Pentair VF pump (did I waste money here over the VS since I'm getting automation?)
- Polaris w/ booster
- Pentair gas heater, DE filter, and IC-40
- 2 IntelliBrite lights in pool, 1 in spa
- 3 scuppers and bubbler in pool; 1 fountain in spa - these are all individually valved. He said something about them being easier to balance. I think he plans to set most of them one time and leave alone. I have like 10 valves back there, but with only 1 pump, I can only operate the water features when in main pool mode.
- I insist on a wired indoor controller.
- I think the IntelliTouch indoor controller looks better and easier to read than the EasyTouch, but I've only seen the brochures.
- I think the ET wireless remote looks nicer and more water resistent than the IT wireless remote.
- The $600 credit isn't a huge consideration, though I'm not made of money, so if there is limited benefit, I don't need to spend it. In the context of this big expense though...
- PB seems to have some confusion about the word "remote." Once the PB said my IT package would include the indoor controller and iPhone interface; once he said the indoor controller and wireless remote.
- I am migrating from Blackberry to iPhone soon, though I don't know about having my phone around a wet pool area to use as a remote control. I do think it would be neat to check settings and control the pool over the internet from PCs at home or work though. I understand this same functionality is available now for ET as well as IT.
- I don't visualize wanting to control much else. The yard is pretty small. Not sure about landscape lighting yet.
- I understand the IT gives me more control over my LED lights, but I don't know specifically what the control differences are between the IT and ET.
Which would you choose and why, please, in my situation? What are the specific advantages of the IT in this set up?