Low Salt

Jun 20, 2010
Southeast VA
Thanks to Hurricane Irene, the salt in the pool is down to 2500 ppm. As the storm was in full swing I had the hose running across the backyard and the pump set on waste. That way I could control it from the circuit panel inside the house. I kept a pair of binoculars at the bay windows and watched the levels throughout the storm. I had to flip the switch 5x on Saturday! When I got up Sunday morning I checked the pool for damages. Nothing but just a lot of leaves and debris in the pool. I got up most of the leaves and then vacuumed the rest. The water is surprisingly crystal clear. I checked the FC this morning and it was at 7.0 ppm and the pH was at 7.7 ppm. Salt indicator on the Aquarite system said 2500 ppm with blinking lights saying to inspect the cell and check the salt. I took the cell off and it was clean but I ran a hose through it anyway. Poured 80 lbs of salt and last I checked it was back up to 3000 ppm.
We were very fortunate that the power didn't go out and we didn't get tree limbs in the pool. Now we did have some limbs on my fence.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.