Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In the Swim Ultimate Closing Kit

1. Back To Top    #1
    P'Burg NJ

In the Swim Ultimate Closing Kit

I have a 11,000 gallon Fiberglas pool. I had planned on purchasing this (In the Swim Ultimate Closing Kit) plus a polyquat 60 algaecide and putting in the closing chemicals myself and hiring someone to walk me through the physical closing. I can put the safety cover on the pool myself with my son.
    Is this a good idea? I like the chlorine-free chemical floater. Am I going in the wrong direction?
    11,000 Gal Trilogy "Utopia" Fiberglass Pool, 1HP Jandy Pump, Jandy CS200 Cartridge Filter, Raypak 199k BTU Heater, Liquidator, CMP Off-Line Chlorinator. Cleaners: Polaris 360, Blue Diamond, Poolvernuegen Pressure

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: In the Swim Ultimate Closing Kit

Hello bibeaud,

Please read: also: has some good pointers that apply.

I would not waste your money on that kit, there is nothing you should need in it. Some of us use the polyquat 60 though (I have not). I believe the "non chlorine shock" in that kit is a MPS, from pool school:
    Potassium Monopersulfate:

A non chlorine oxidizer or 'shock'. It is acidic and will cause lower pH and TA. It adds sulfates to the water. Will not break down CC but helps prevent it from forming when used on a regular basis. It will interfere with TC and CC tests unless special reagents are used in testing since it WILL test as CC! A good choice to use in indoor pools that are not exposed to sunlight but really has no advantage in an outdoor pool. It is only an oxidizer and NOT a sanitizer and should not be used as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by bibeaud
    I like the chlorine-free chemical floater.
    May I ask why? Please continue to read pool school. If you want a rather detailed synopsis of this issue, see this post:
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.