Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool outline looks small?!?!

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool outline looks small?!?!

Hi

Today our PB sprayed the outline of our pool and it looks a lot smaller than I expected. Is this normal or should I worry?

Here is a picture of the design...
    Built in 2011, 23x34' IG freeform play pool (18,850 gallon) ~ 7' spa raised 18" with 5 jets, 3 tier fountain and 5 tier cascading waterfall into pool ~ IntelliChlor SCG ~ Pentair Intelligent VS-3050 variable speed pump ~ Clean and Clear 420 cartridge filter ~ Easy touch controller ~ Blue Granite Pebble Sheen ~ Intellibrite LEDs ~ Turbo twister slide ~ 8x8 flagstone tanning ledge with umbrella sleeve and bubbler ~ In-pool flagstone table with umbrella sleeve ~ 997 sq ft exposed aggregate decking Our pool build

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool outline looks small?!?!

I thought the very same thing when they sprayed ours! Don't be worried. The part that tricks you from looking at the painted line on your yard to the blueprint plans is that you are only seeing the outline of the area that will be the pool and not the decking or other features that will be there as well.

it is very deceiving at first site, but as the process goes on, you may actually start to think it's bigger than what it should be!

3. Back To Top    #3

What gfxguru said. You'll probably panic after excavation and wonder why you built such a large pool. The sprayed outline is really deceiving.
    Shelley
    Denver, CO

4. Back To Top    #4

Any time you have a concern regarding anything, you should be able to express your concerns to the builder and they should be patient and double check for you. Mistakes do happen, and if something turns out not like you want, it might be very difficult to fix it later. If something looks off, then you shouldn't hesitate to bring it up.

It would be very easy for the builder to run a tape measure to double check. And, if you decide that you want a bigger pool, now is the time to say something.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the reassurance! We are first time pool builders and despite tons of research and talking with several pool builders, I am still really nervous! This is such a huge project, I don't want to mess it up.
    Built in 2011, 23x34' IG freeform play pool (18,850 gallon) ~ 7' spa raised 18" with 5 jets, 3 tier fountain and 5 tier cascading waterfall into pool ~ IntelliChlor SCG ~ Pentair Intelligent VS-3050 variable speed pump ~ Clean and Clear 420 cartridge filter ~ Easy touch controller ~ Blue Granite Pebble Sheen ~ Intellibrite LEDs ~ Turbo twister slide ~ 8x8 flagstone tanning ledge with umbrella sleeve and bubbler ~ In-pool flagstone table with umbrella sleeve ~ 997 sq ft exposed aggregate decking Our pool build