Filter sand color??

Jul 8, 2011
SW MO
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just acquired a used pool for disassembling and removing it. The pool had been winterized since last fall, with the filter and pump drained. It has a Hayward SwimPro 250# sandfilter, I shop vac'd about 3/4 of the sand out and brought with me. However I'm not sure it's sand, it's light grey in color, very even in texture, and finer then the sand I put in my filter. I was thinking it might be Zeo sand, but the only colors I've found for that is green and tan. The sand was crusted near the surface and sides but was loose down to the laterals where it was damp and a little clumped. It appeared to be fairly clean. Anyone know what I've got and opinions on it's re-useability. If it's just sand I'd think it is reusable, if it's something else not sure if I need or want to. We won't be setting the pool up until next spring so there's no hurry.

Thanks

Here's the pictures of the sand

6094399999_62b3d248dd_z.jpg

6094936856_12399c70d4_z.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.