Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pats for Pool built in 1965

1. Back To Top    #1

Pats for Pool built in 1965

I have a inground pool built in 1965. Im looking for the return jets (inlets), but I have yet to find any. Any thoughts as to where I can purchase.

28' AG Doughboy
    Bought Used, Installed Aug '06

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: Pats for Pool built in 1965

Didn't see this till just now. What size are the inlet ports? Are they smooth or threaded?

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Re: Pats for Pool built in 1965

Hi there-

I have a similar problem and wanted to jump in here. I have to replace my inlets as well from a pool built in '64. I have had a hard time finding any return jets for them and at least 1 local pool guy said that he "had never seen anything like them before". After adding a pressure-side cleaner to one of the returns with a good deal of modification to the connectors, I now would like to find the correct fittings and connectors if possible. I even had a custom adapter machined in order to connect the 'normal' 1-1/2" threaded pool cleaner to the return jet!

Here's what I do know about the inlets:
    1) The return lines are smooth, not threaded.
    2) The nozzle is held in place with a faceplate that is attached with 3 (or 4?) screws.

When I get home, I will take a few measurements, and snap a couple of photos to see if that helps jogs someone's memory.

23KG 16x32 gunite, 120 sqft cartridge filter, 768 sqft solar panels, CircuPool RJ45 SWG