suckered in on a used pool - need help

Aug 29, 2011
I suckered in on a used above ground pool with a salt water system. The guy finished putting it up and filling it with water on Friday. He is coming back today to hook up all the filters and the salt water system. Evidently whoever he bought it from had stopped taking care of it and it had gotten nasty. (They put in a brand new liner.) The stairs that came with it are gross. Where the water line was at they are nasty and green and all over they feel like they are covered in sand. I have ruined several of those scratch pads trying to clean them up. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get the nasty stuff off of them or should I just buy a new set? They are in good shape - except for the yucky stuff.

Thanks to both of you! I used bleach and borrowed a neighbors small powerwasher and was able to get most of the scaley, crusty stuff off. We actually go into our pool for the first time last night!!! Maybe the weather will stay warm enough that we can enjoy it for a few more weeks before we have to shut down for the winter. This is a wonderful source of information and I am so glad that I stumbled onto it!!!!!

Thanks again! Dana aka Poolnewby500 in Oklahoma.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.