Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: tree sap in the pool

1. Back To Top    #1

tree sap in the pool

my inlaws ended up with a large tree in their pool after Irene and have some tree sap in the pool. i don't know all the details and if sap is floating in the water or on the liner. but i was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on how get rid of it? my thoughts are that it will be broken down by chlorine eventually.
    26K In-ground Vinyl Pool | Hayward DE4820/SP0710XR50 filter | 1.125 HP Dual Speed Hayward Super Pump | Aquasol Solar

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: tree sap in the pool

If it's floating then skimming it off is the best thing to do. If it's stuck to the liner then some enzyme treatment would probably take care of it or maybe a Magic Eraser will get off.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    If it's stuck to the liner then some enzyme treatment would probably take care of it
    any specific product? i look at leslie's web site and they have "oil out" and "pool perfect". both claim to be enzyme products that break down oils...
    26K In-ground Vinyl Pool | Hayward DE4820/SP0710XR50 filter | 1.125 HP Dual Speed Hayward Super Pump | Aquasol Solar

4. Back To Top    #4

Pool Perfect has been used by several people on the forum and all have good reports.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

thank you!