Replacing Northstar with Intelliflo need plumbing advice

May 27, 2011
I'm going to replace my old LOUD Hayward Northstar in a couple weeks and I'm trying to get my head wrapped around the plumbing (I'm an electricity guy, not a plumber). I'm currently planning on replacing the 2 old waterway 3 way valves on my suction side and possibly a 3 way and check valve waterway on the pressure(?) side.

Questions are:

Intelliflo PN 011018. This is the new one right?

What brand should I look at for Valves? I was planning on Jandy but I'm new to pools and not really sure whats out there.

Finally, I seem to recall awhile back that people were putting neoprene mats under the pumps to help isolate and quiet them down. Would you still bolt to the pad through these? How thick? I'm looking for as quiet as possible.

Thanks!

That Intelliflo is going to be so much quiter that I don't think you need to add any dampening to it.
Jandy is a good brand of valve but all the major mfg's make a similar style and they're all good as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.