Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing Northstar with Intelliflo need plumbing advice

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing Northstar with Intelliflo need plumbing advice

I'm going to replace my old LOUD Hayward Northstar in a couple weeks and I'm trying to get my head wrapped around the plumbing (I'm an electricity guy, not a plumber). I'm currently planning on replacing the 2 old waterway 3 way valves on my suction side and possibly a 3 way and check valve waterway on the pressure(?) side.

Questions are:

Intelliflo PN 011018. This is the new one right?

What brand should I look at for Valves? I was planning on Jandy but I'm new to pools and not really sure whats out there.

Finally, I seem to recall awhile back that people were putting neoprene mats under the pumps to help isolate and quiet them down. Would you still bolt to the pad through these? How thick? I'm looking for as quiet as possible.

Thanks!
    14,000 gallon IG plaster pool, Cartridge Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing Northstar with Intelliflo need plumbing advice

That Intelliflo is going to be so much quiter that I don't think you need to add any dampening to it.
    Jandy is a good brand of valve but all the major mfg's make a similar style and they're all good as well.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Replacing Northstar with Intelliflo need plumbing advice

Thanks! I'll probably end getting jandy then.

I know it will probably be quiet enough but I figure if I can get it even 3db quieter by doing something easy I might as well go for it.
    14,000 gallon IG plaster pool, Cartridge Filter