Blown Cartridge pump!

May 30, 2011
Orlando, Fl
blew my cartridge top... Is it no good anymore?

The plastic flew out of the pressure gauge. Is it still usable?

BlownCartridgetop.jpg

Did the top housing blow off the filter or was it just parts blew off the pressure gauge?

If the top housing blew off there may be a big problem with it. Even hitting the ground after blowing off could have damaged it. Back off a little and take a pic of the whole filter and both mating surfaces. We'll be more help once we see that.

P.S. You shouldn't have been able to blow the top off the filter. If you did something else was wrong to start with.

well i had the pool store service guy stop by and look at it (NO Charge since he was in the area) Said i "deadheaded it" and he tested it out and said it was okay.

Thanks for helping out here, i will take some pictures of it this evening and post just so you guys can see. I think i might not have seated it properly and even though the clamp was closed it might not have been tight enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.