Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC4 (RC-52)
I have a Polaris 380 that is about 4 years old. I have bought a new pump, opened up the 380 and checked everything inside. All is good as far as I can see. The unit when it is in the pool is real slow. I do notice when I take it out of the water it starts to run a lot faster but the minute I put it back in the pool, everything slows down. What could be causing this unit to run so slow?

anonapersona said:
Too many tail weights?

I don't think that is the problem. What I observe is that the wheels turn fast for example out of the water and when I put it in the water they start turning real slow.

If the unit is not too heavy then it appears to be lacking power. My 380 did that, slower and slower until it totally stopped. The pressure relief valve at the wall connection was blowing out a lot of water. When I put my heel over the exit of the pressure relief valve the Polaris started running normally. Turns out the valve had blown and needed replacing. Of course, before I got to that point I had taken the whole thing apart to check all the ports for debris. There are several ports that water runs through, one pushes the turbine that runs the wheels, the others make the suction up the chimney. Do check all of them for obstructions, also check the screen in the wall connection. That can plug up also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.