Oops - pool is WARM

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
We heated the hot tub two days ago and forgot to turn it off. It's been heating the whole pool for the past two days, whenever the pump was running. I just caught it and the pool is up to 93 degrees! The bright side is that it is supposed to cool off a bit this weekend but that shouldn't stop us from swimming. :lol:

I would love to. I want the pool to be done already and them gone!! We just got a call saying they want to do the plaster tomorrow. My DH was annoyed because its Mother's Day but I said no problem. They have been here so long there mail will be redirected here soon! :x

Leaving the heater on sounds like a common faux paux.

As forgetful as I am, I'm thinking when I turn mine on (assuming that it's ultimately completed one day), that I'll have to create some kind of visual indicator that it's on... something complicated like a red cup sitting on top of the TV...

A friend of ours heated his pool one day in December for a get together, so the kids could swim... found it still on 2 weeks later... ouch!

I've left the sprinkler on too many times to think I won't do the same, or worse.

Meanwhilel... buy stock in your local gas provider...

stevenbrla said:
....As forgetful as I am, I'm thinking when I turn mine on (assuming that it's ultimately completed one day), that I'll have to create some kind of visual indicator that it's on... something complicated like a red cup sitting on top of the TV.....

I be running around yelling, "Who left this red cup on the TV???????"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SeanB said:
We heated the hot tub two days ago and forgot to turn it off. It's been heating the whole pool for the past two days, whenever the pump was running. I just caught it and the pool is up to 93 degrees! The bright side is that it is supposed to cool off a bit this weekend but that shouldn't stop us from swimming. :lol:

Sounds like heaven!!!

We opened our pool on Friday and this morning the water is up to a nice toasty 58 degrees :shock:

"Dumbass" tm Red Forman (that 70's show).

I had to register just to say that.

My Spa seems to have a "drinking problem" some nights, so official policy is check everything the next morning. Including looking for stray articles of clothing the Grandkids might find suspicious out there. :oops:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.