Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to operate vacuum with pop ups

1. Back To Top    #1

How to operate vacuum with pop ups

Ok. I did search but gave up quickly as I have little time. I bought a house with a pool that I have no idea how to operate. I have figured out most of the valves and have operated my parents pool a few times but I am lost currently. On my parents pool you turned the intake valve to full skimmer and then plugged in the vacuum. No problem.

However, on this pool, there are pop ups in the pool that apparently push stuff towards the in pool filter. When I turn the valve to skimmer it doesn't operate the one with the vacuum port near it. This one doesn't have a typical basket but has a clear plastic cover that can be taken off.

My question is, I want the pool to be clean for my sons party tomorrow (yea, I know) but the bottom of the pool is filthy (the pump was off for 5-7 days). How do I get this vacuum port to turn on? Like I said, just turning the intake valve doesn't create suction at that vacuum port.

P.s. I can post pictures first think tomorrow. It is about 8pm here in California now.
    Very new. Bought a house with a 17,100G pool. Filter type filter? Plaster IG. 2 hp pump. I'll check the other stuff in the morning.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: How to operate vacuum with pop ups

I'm having a hard time picturing the setup. Pictures would help.

Welcome to TFP!
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden