Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer install.....does this look right??

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer install.....does this look right??

So after our coping and tile was complete we looked at the skimmer and its not lined up straight to the opening. We told the PB and they are coming to look at it 1st thing on Monday. It just seems that since its not straight somehow water will get leaked.

15k gallon, gunite, quartz

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Skimmer install.....does this look right??

Sorry, but I cannot see the issue. I would trust your PB until he gives you a good reason not to. Has he done so already?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

It looks a hair off being perfectly plumb, but it should be fine. As long as it's encased in the pool shell concrete you should be ok!
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

4. Back To Top    #4

I think it would be more cosmetic than anything. But I'm kind of ocd with that type of thing so I would get it checked too!

5. Back To Top    #5

What they said. It's not perfectly level, but it'll work... vs. how mine is currently installed where the top of the skimmer mouth is near where my waterline will be.
    Shelley
    Denver, CO

6. Back To Top    #6

The lid ring has plenty of "slop" in it so it will still sit in the deck just fine, I think you will be just fine.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

7. Back To Top    #7

Skimmer install.....does this look right?? Response on 06-20-2015

6-20-2015
    How did things turn out?
    Thanks,
    MJ
    Quote Originally Posted by lwlln26 View Post
    So after our coping and tile was complete we looked at the skimmer and its not lined up straight to the opening. We told the PB and they are coming to look at it 1st thing on Monday. It just seems that since its not straight somehow water will get leaked.

In-ground pool with spa; 24K gal; chlorine; DE filter; safety coping; concrete decking all around.

8. Back To Top    #8

Re: Skimmer install.....does this look right?? Response on 06-20-2015

What is your tile, it's very pretty ?
    Houston,TX, IG 15120 gal, gunite, 22' x 36',wet edge finish, Pentair equip, 420 cartridge filter, vs pump, Intelliflo vs booster pump for water features, 400,000 heater, auto fill ,PCC 2000 in floor cleaning ,2 LED lights,travertine coping, paver decking, 9x12 tanning shelf ,1 LED color bubbler, 2 5' benches w jets. Depth 4- 4 1/2- 5 , wall with 3 24" sheer decent , 2 spray heads, Intellitouch Controller.

9. Back To Top    #9

Re: Skimmer install.....does this look right?? Response on 06-20-2015

I'd be more concerned with the tile job. The grout lines are too wide compared to the rest of the water line. Doesn't look great.
    13K Gallon IG Pool/Spa -- First time pool owners -- Completed in 2015 Caribbean Blue Pebble Tec Pentair 4000 Series 47 sq. ft. D.E. Filter Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump Pentair SWG Jandy LXi Heater 400,000 BTU S.R. Smith Typhoon Slide Pentair LED 12v Lights Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Cleaner TF-100 Test Kit
    Our Build Thread