Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rising CC

1. Back To Top    #1

Rising CC

I had many people in the pool today. I knew it is going to be an overload so I have increased the SWG cycle. FC didn't fall below 6 all day.
    At the end of the day my CC was 1 and I probably need to shock the pool again.
    TA=90, CH=250, pH=7.5, CYA=35.
    What should I do in order to avoid rising CC?
    Intex round metal frame 15' x 42"
    Intex SWG / 2000 gph cartridge filter
    Taylor K-2006 test kit
    Outdoor pool with full sun all day long
    Typical temperture range in the 90's

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Rising CC

CC takes time to break down. When you have a lot of people swimming it can build up fairly quickly. If you want to swim tomorrow, you should bring it up to shock level tonight. If you are done swimming for the weekend, just bring it up to the high end of the normal range and see how things are tomorrow.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: Rising CC

You'll probably find that one day's exposure to sunlight with no or a light bather load will get your CC back to normal. Shocking just accelerates that process by increasing the active chlorine level.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"