I have read all of pool school (many times). I have one question though, this is my first algae outbreak (after having a baby and being unable to watch the pool closely). The green is gone and now the pool is cloudy. I see millions of questions about this and I often read that one criteria of being able to stop the shock process is shock until the water is "clear". Does this mean literally clear or just not green anymore. I mean is the cloudy water a good sign that things are progressing or a bad sign that I need to keep shocking longer? The water seems very clean, but certainly not clear. Please be very specific. The pool has been at shock level for about five days now. Incedently we have the puniest pump ever (780gph) so if I can get rid of cloudiness throug cloriantion instead of filtering that would probably be best. What say you all??