Cleaner On means turn Skimmer Off?

Johnny B

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 19, 2009
Charlotte, NC
My running setup, without a cleaner on, is a floor drain & skimmer equally open by way of the jandy valve.
I have a Cleaner return that can operate either a Polaris (a floor cleaner essentially) or PoolSkim ( a surface cleaner like a skimmer)

When you guys operate either one of these cleaners, do you shut off the skimmer, or partially shut off the skimmer, or do you leave the Skimmer & floor drain equally open?

Thanks

When I run my Polaris 380, a return-side cleaner with it's own dedicated pump, I leave the skimmers & floor drain fully open.

If you're running a suction-side cleaner, like the Polaris 360, I don't know what you'd do. Never had one.

My drain and skimmer share a return somehow (underground, pool came with house). My valve adjust water flow between the suction port and the skimmer/drain. I adjust the valve so my cleaner is working at the proper suction. The skimmer/drain get whatever is left.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.