Is my pool dirtier than yours?

Jul 10, 2011
Walnut Creek CA
Seems like every time I lift the cover it looks like someones dumped dirt all in my pool... We actually don't swim in it as much as I'd like but when it's not in use the solar cover is on. We get a lot of pine needles but they don't 'mush' up too much to be causing all of this dirt. I vacuum it about once a week.... gettin a few pictures right now..

Dimples and wrinkles make the dirt easy to locate :~}

The air drops tons of dirt into my pool and I battled it a lot this year. A decent filter media has improved it considerably but I hate the cleaning schedule with them. Your pool is obviously not an Intex (no fake tiles) so my solution won't work for you.

You guys should come to West Texas if you want to see some dirt getting into the pool. I vaccuum constantly, and the wind loves putting it back. Hyabusa, I can't tell if you have one, but if you make the swimmers step into a tub or something similar filled with water before entering the pool, it helps tremendously. The member above (Frogabog) uses a little kiddie pool for this and it is a much better Idea than mine. Same principal, but I think the kiddie pool is the best foot rinse tub out there.

Thanks Brush - I'm not sure thats the source... the kids wear shoes right up to the ladder. I was hoping that I was just used to indoor pools which obviously don't have junk falling in them all day. never really noticed the public outdoor pool down the road looking like this though

Dirt can find its way in amazing fast in surprising amounts. I just noticed something......is that your cover on the ground next to the pool? Even little bits of sand can stick to it and drop right in when you replace it. It all adds up. There is dirt in that public pool, you just cant notice it as easily.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.