So, I just spent the last month getting my pool to the "sparkly" level and maintaining fabulously. Went through the shock process and all and here comes a hurricane to
ruin it all. Seriously though, here's my thoughts. I am in coastal NJ. Inland enough that we won't have to evacuate but in the direct path either way. We are going to lose power. For how long is anybody's guess. Can I, at least, delay the eventual "swampitis" if I bring it to shock level or above. I also plan to put the safety cover on to prevent debris from entering the water. Of course it's hot here and the water temp is in the upper 80's. I am just trying to delay it for, say, maybe a week?