Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellitouch wireless remote

1. Back To Top    #1

Intellitouch wireless remote

I want an indoor control panel and a wireless remote. Comparing the Intellitouch to the Easy Touch, I like the Intellitouch indoor panel much better than the one for the Easy Touch, but the Easy Touch wireless remote is much better looking than the Intellitouch wireless remote.

If the Intellitouch is the premier Pentair automation system, why is the wireless remote so lame looking compared to the Easy Touch wireless remote?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intellitouch wireless remote

The high end remote is screen logic running on an iPod Touch.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Isn't this the Intellitouch wireless remote (see attached)? I want iphone connectivity, but don't want to have an iphone around the pool; it'll get wet. The EasyTouch wireless remote isn't great but it looks better than this one, in my opinion. The thing is, I don't think I can tolerate the appearance of the wired remote that comes with the EasyTouch. I don't want stickers for my functions when I can have the screen text with the Intellitouch panel. The Intellitouch one looks so much nicer and probably easier to read. I'm agonizing over the choice between these two automation systems.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Back To Top    #4

That is a MobileTouch, which is one of the remotes for the IntelliTouch. I suppose the "high end" distinction is somewhat subjective.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School