Pype Lyte

mcaron74

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2011
gardiner maine
So apparently my pool has what used to be some fiber optic lights in it(it looks like maybe 3 of them) but at some point the fiber went dark, so when they replaced the liner they just went over the lights. The brand appears to be Pype Lyte, and the blue 1/2 to 3/4 inch conduit was put directly into the cement.(I will upload pics later today). The "fiber" appears(but i could be wrong) to be one solid clear piece inside a blue casing (o) I am sure they were never intended to be seperated but does anyone have these? Does anyone know if the "fiber" can be pulled out of its casing(12 ft i am guessing). I realy like in pool lights, and am very disapointed these dont work.

Thoughts? Anyone dealt wiht this before?

Thanks

if the fiber optic lights don't work it's probably not the fibers fault. Fiber optics lights are in two parts. The fibers are just hollow tubes that reflect the light given by the light source. So basically if they don't make light it's the light sources fault (unless the fibers are physically pinched or cut in half)

Here are some pictures. It looks like there was 1 solid plastic "fiber" in there. It looks like someone already tried to pull it through and broke it all up.... i dont see much hope for salvaging, but am open to any ideas.

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 37
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 37
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 37
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.