Stairs / Ladder - Need HELP......

Jul 11, 2011
West Monroe, La
Hey Gang

Now that the pool is done, I tried to install the stairs the pool company provided with the pool but they are not going to work - if I build a platform over the top rail, the stairs are too short, and if I install them without a platform the hold down area is directly over the top rail (which I know can't be done), is there a design that installs in the pool without attaching to the, or one that I could modify the deck attachment, or do I need to look at some of the "ladder" style versus the step - see picture for my dilema - any help would be appreciated.

IMAG0163-1.jpg

This pictures shows my issue - I can't adjust the stairs any higher, and I can't mount them any higher or else the bottom step is off the ground and the middle structure support hits the side of the pool (instructions say it should be at least 4" from side of pool). I am not sure if it is because the Matrix pools have a higher rail, and I chose to keep my deck under the rail or what...

Thanks in advance for your help - we got in it last night for the first time kids had a blast - taking a water sample today.

Swanny, I believe you may have to get a different type of ladder. The ladder in the picture sort of looks like the one we got with the pool we bought this past spring. It actually bolts to the top rail with two bolts and has a set of legs inside the pool and other set outside the pool for getting into the pool. I built a small deck for our pool and also had to buy another type of ladder that would mount to the deck. I thought of modifying the one that came with the pool but had no real good idea for doing it. Hope this helps.....

sounds like perhaps your stairs aren't meant for the 54" wall?? If so your pool company should resolve it.
Is there any info in the paperwork referring to wall height, can you google the stair type and see if it fits 54" walls?

I have the matrix series pool also- it's a great pool, I know how much fun your family is having!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.