Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stairs / Ladder - Need HELP......

1. Back To Top    #1

Stairs / Ladder - Need HELP......

Hey Gang

Now that the pool is done, I tried to install the stairs the pool company provided with the pool but they are not going to work - if I build a platform over the top rail, the stairs are too short, and if I install them without a platform the hold down area is directly over the top rail (which I know can't be done), is there a design that installs in the pool without attaching to the, or one that I could modify the deck attachment, or do I need to look at some of the "ladder" style versus the step - see picture for my dilema - any help would be appreciated.

This pictures shows my issue - I can't adjust the stairs any higher, and I can't mount them any higher or else the bottom step is off the ground and the middle structure support hits the side of the pool (instructions say it should be at least 4" from side of pool). I am not sure if it is because the Matrix pools have a higher rail, and I chose to keep my deck under the rail or what...

Thanks in advance for your help - we got in it last night for the first time kids had a blast - taking a water sample today.
    27'x54" Matrix Resin - 200lb Pentair sand filter - 1.5hp Pentair optiflow 2 speed pump - Aquatrol SWG - Gorilla Pad

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stairs / Ladder - Need HELP......

Swanny, I believe you may have to get a different type of ladder. The ladder in the picture sort of looks like the one we got with the pool we bought this past spring. It actually bolts to the top rail with two bolts and has a set of legs inside the pool and other set outside the pool for getting into the pool. I built a small deck for our pool and also had to buy another type of ladder that would mount to the deck. I thought of modifying the one that came with the pool but had no real good idea for doing it. Hope this helps.....
    18' Round AGP, 8,600 gallons, sand filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

sounds like perhaps your stairs aren't meant for the 54" wall?? If so your pool company should resolve it.
    Is there any info in the paperwork referring to wall height, can you google the stair type and see if it fits 54" walls?

I have the matrix series pool also- it's a great pool, I know how much fun your family is having!!
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

4. Back To Top    #4

cramar - sent you a PM
    27'x54" Matrix Resin - 200lb Pentair sand filter - 1.5hp Pentair optiflow 2 speed pump - Aquatrol SWG - Gorilla Pad