Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Net that spans full width of pool for quick two person clean

1. Back To Top    #1

Net that spans full width of pool for quick two person clean

Our neighbors have some nasty trees and they end up dropping tons of small particles in the pool. On a windy day the surface of the pool gets covered with tree matter within a couple hours.

My wife and I were thinking about using a large net that spans across the width of the pool (about 18'), each grabbing a side and dragging it across the length of the pool to pickup everything in one shot.

I assume there are no specific products intended for this purpose so I was thinking of taking a roll of 3' wide screen and attaching 3' long PVC pipes on both ends. I was wondering if anyone had tried something like this before and how they went about it.

Any input is appreciated.
    20,000 Gallon IG Plaster Pool
    36 sq ft DE Filter
    Polaris 180 cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Net that spans full width of pool for quick two person c

Clever idea.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Sounds like a bait seine to me. I've used one of those thousands of times but never to clear a pool. Search bait seine and you'll see what they look like. I think your idea would work great.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm not sure how much the screen and PVC would cost you to buy, or the time spent attaching them to each other, but Bama Ramblers idea of a minnow seine sounds good.
    I'm sure you can get one at your local outdoor or sporting goods store.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

We used a tennis net one time in a small pond to get all the catfish out for a redneck wedding catfish fry. Yeehaw!
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here