Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What silicon sealant is good around pools?

1. Back To Top    #1

What silicon sealant is good around pools?

I have a laminar waterfall that drains into my pool, and I have to seal the underneath lip of the waterfall where it extends out from the stones to prevent water from spilling under the lip and entering the stone structure where the waterfall is built into. Is there a particular type of sealant I should be looking for that's good to use around pools (and also is not affected by freezing temperatures)?
    10K gal IG, vinyl, 1 HP Jandy Stealth pump, Jandy CS cartridge filter, Delta UV system, Hasa Liquidator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What silicon sealant is good around pools?

I would use clear GE brand Kitchen and Bath silicone caulk. HD has it.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

OK, thanks Scott, so chlorine/bleach shouldn't affect this stuff?
    10K gal IG, vinyl, 1 HP Jandy Stealth pump, Jandy CS cartridge filter, Delta UV system, Hasa Liquidator

4. Back To Top    #4

I used the GE (white) right above the water line a couple of years ago and it looks great. Another good thing is it seems to stay clean longer and no more cracks where the deck meets the pool grout.
    Screen enclosed 17K gal 16x30 IG with Diamond Brite finish, elevated 4 jet spa with spill over, Twin dolphin fountain, Hayward Ecostar pump[ Pentair intelliflo VS, Filter Sta rite Posi-Flo PTM 100, Aqua Cal heat pump, Tiger Shark QC robotic cleaner.
    Stenner peristaltic pump model 45MPHP10, 15 gal storage tank. TF 100 with Speed Stir.

5. Back To Top    #5

OK, GE brand it is