Incorrect PH readings with High chlorine

ds18425

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 23, 2011
Boerne, TX
Hey guys/gals,
Well, I must say I am so freekin happy I found this sight! I was another new pool owner following the cult of the pool store recommendations. I have fully converted my pool to the BBB system and I'm now a BBB snob :-D .

My question for the more experienced is how to test (and get a correct reading) for PH when chlorine levels are above 3ppm. Two of my test kits state that the readings are worthless if C is over 3ppm. I have a K-2006 kit that doesn't say anything about the chlorine level. Is the indicator in the K-2006 kit not affected by high chlorine levels?

thanks in advance!

oh, to they make an electronic PH tester that really works for pools and is not affected by chlorine levels?

You are OK to test pH up to FC 10. The difference is that you have stabilizer in your pool.

Electronic pH testers require a lot of re-calibration, from what I recall from fish tank days.

Confirming the above post, the pH test in the K-2006 is valid up to around 10ppm FC and becomes increasingly less accurate (it reads too high) as the FC increases above 10ppm.

Electronic pH testers are pricey and have calibration issues. The one found in your K-2006 gets easier to read with usage and soon it will be little trouble for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.