Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Crazy question about pump motor?

1. Back To Top    #1

Crazy question about pump motor?

My pump motor died and I have purchased one online, I am waiting for it to arrive. However in the meantime my pool has turn to green is there any thing I can do to avoid it going total swamp???
    27K gal, vinyl, 1 HP Challenger pump, 300 # sand filter, Hayward Navigator/Manual backbreaker

2. Back To Top    #2
    Portland, Oregon

Re: Crazy question about pump motor?

Chlorine dude... Brushing and swirling by hand to make sure it's mixed well.

Shocking the pool without a pump isn't easy but doable if you can put in the manual work to mix it. If you add bleach without mixing it well you'll damage the liner.

Have you read pool school? If not, read read read it. Many times.

A test kit will also serve you well because without one, it's next to impossible to shock the pool properly. If you don't shock it properly, it will just re-bloom the algae.

If you have any test results, that will help us help you.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.