Pool removal

From you pictures, I wouldn't worry about those dents, I have seen much worse. Virtually no rust, that is great, you will probably want to use some rust inhibitor on that small rust spot, is it a hole?

It appears to be surface rust, I tapped it with the point of my screwdriver & it feels solid. I planned to sand and paint it. I haven't looked at the outside at that point closely, as it was under the deck, but I don't remember any blemishes on the outside as I rolled it up.

Overall, the pool looks to be in great shape! If you do find you need to replace pump or moter, I found it was almost as cheap to switch to a 2-speed (see my sig) as to replace the motor on mine. Ended up costing me only $80 more to have a whole new 2-speed pump/motor. I run on low most of the time.

That's what I was looking at doing if I have to replace the motor.

Did you confirm the internal diameter of the pool?

Wall to Wall it measured 26'8", outside top rail to top rail a touch over 27'. I'm planning on unrolling the wall, cleaning, sanding and painting. While I have it unrolled I figured I'd measure the length and then calculate diameter. But for Liner purposes I'll order a 27' liner, probably hold off until we get the ground leveled and decide if we want to dig down for the expandable liner. With expandable liners is the depth to the top of the wall or to the water surface? I've seen 60" and 72" expandable liners for sale.

Your pool looks very similar to mine, so I am even more convinced I have an aqua leader. It looks like is has some writing molded into the verticals?

Yes the verticals were marked Aqua Leader. Going to their web site and looking at paint patterns and top & bottom plates suggests that it is an Escape/Evasion. About the only difference I can see is the outer top rail cap on the current model extends down the vertical where mine just wraps under the top plate. A very simple aesthetic design change.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.