Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Let's see those hot tubs...

1. Back To Top    #1

Let's see those hot tubs...

I know some of you have great spas and hot tubs. For most of us, that's about the only water recreation we get this time of year. So, let's see what you've got.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

2. Back To Top    #2
    i have one, but its sitting in a box in the garage waiting for an installer. do you like brown boxes with UPS on the side

3. Back To Top    #3

If you show me yours, I'll show you mine...
    ~Debbie~

28k, 22'x37' freeform 3.5'-9'deep
    w/ 7.5' freeform spa raised 18" above pool, Gunite/dark gray plaster, 3 rivers flagstone,
    Aquarite SWCG, Aqualogic ps8, Frog, Colorlogic LED lights.
    Completed 2/06, in Sunny So Cal!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Here's mine,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by meatloaf
    Very nice. The after picture looks like a brand new hot tub!
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

6. Back To Top    #6

Here is mine it is sunk into deck so the step on the inside of the tub is the same hight as the deck. It makes it real easy to get in and out.

Ric W
    My Pool
    8605 gal fiberglass, 3/4 hp pump, sand filter, aquabot cleaner, heat siphon heat pump, tiger river(sumatran) spa

7. Back To Top    #7

I have one too

Neither a beaver nor a duck!

8. Back To Top    #8

Erik's olde schoole tubbe

Here's a recent shot of my early '80's Beachport octagon.

Got it free for the hauling on Craig's List a few years ago, and finally got it installed and running this year.

It's partially set into the ground (the seats are at grade), and I've built a redwood and cedar deck/skirt.

The pump, heater, filter and blower are 10 feet away, commercial-style.

3 of its total of 4 jets are visible in this shot. We actually prefer it with just the 4. I think that the bazillion-jet configurations are fun for the 1st week, then overkill for my needs.

I did my first tubbing in Santa Barbara in 1982, and I like having a spa that is similar to the ones in the wonderful hourly places Santa Barbara had in those days, like The Hourglass (still around!). My spa area is really an attempt at creating my own "Hourglass" in my back yard. It's a 25-year-old dream come true.

I like the center-facing seating configuration, which encourages social interaction, and has, seriously, already improved my relationship with my girlfriend. We talk about stuff more, in the hot tub.

Cheers, Erik
    ----
    320 gallon Beachport San Clemente octagonal fiberglass spa, RayPak Versa 155B heater, Pentair Whisperflo WFE-4 1HP pump, Sta-Rite 100TX cartridge filter, Len Gordon FF1000 controller, Mariah blower
    Pristine Blue with 30ppm borax, bleach and MPS shock

9. Back To Top    #9

Re: Let's see those hot tubs...

Here is ours:
    Right above our Pool Deck...

Standing above it where we enter:
    ~*Tricia*~
    ~Red Sox Fan 4 Life~ *Go Jacoby*
    My Pool
    24' Round AG Pool...52" high...13,500 gallons
    Hayward 1.5 HP Power Flo Matrix Pump and Sand Filter...BBB Method

10. Back To Top    #10

Tricia,

Nice deck!

What is the plastic mushroom floaty-thing at lower left in the picture of the spa?

Mmm, built-in pillows....I need to get some pillows for the Beachport.
    Cheers, Erik
    ----
    320 gallon Beachport San Clemente octagonal fiberglass spa, RayPak Versa 155B heater, Pentair Whisperflo WFE-4 1HP pump, Sta-Rite 100TX cartridge filter, Len Gordon FF1000 controller, Mariah blower
    Pristine Blue with 30ppm borax, bleach and MPS shock

11. Back To Top    #11

It was a chlorine floater until I discovered this board and the BBB Method. We don't use it anymore now!

Thanks, we like the deck too!!
    ~*Tricia*~
    ~Red Sox Fan 4 Life~ *Go Jacoby*
    My Pool
    24' Round AG Pool...52" high...13,500 gallons
    Hayward 1.5 HP Power Flo Matrix Pump and Sand Filter...BBB Method

12. Back To Top    #12

I know there must be more hot tubs out there, let's see some more!
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.

13. Back To Top    #13

This is my first post so be gentle LOL. This is my spa not really a hot tub but just as fun.
    25K gallon IG pool/spa, Pentair Sandfilter, 400K heater, 3hp pool pump, 1hp feature pump, Polaris Caretaker inground floor cleaner, Easy8/Intellitouch controller.

14. Back To Top    #14

Spa with wife and her friends in it:
    18x38 Inground Liner (25k gal) Paver surround, multi-speed pump, DE Filter, Raised spill over spa, TF-100

15. Back To Top    #15

Maybe someone can help me. I got a hot tub its an old American spa signature series (they went out of busines) and the outer cabinet is rotted any ideas on how to replace it with something nicer and more durable. the tub sits on the lip. where can i get materials to do it. its old but it was free and works fine. once i get the cabinet fixed up i can finally attach a cover lifter. (its getting to heavy for me to remove)

Thanks

16. Back To Top    #16

Depending on how good your carpentry skills are, just get some new lumber (cedar, redwood or something rot resistant) and just rebuild the rotted cabinet. You may also want to check out man made materials such as Trex if your budget allows.

17. Back To Top    #17

each panel sits in the track of the upper and lower frame then they interlock wiht each other. however it is the upper and lower parts that are rotted as well i am not sure i can remove the top and bottom since the lip of the tub rest on it.

18. Back To Top    #18

My guess is that the tub will need to be disassembled to make a new cabinet. I would take lots of pictures and essentially replicate the old one.

Let us know what you decide to do.
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html

19. Back To Top    #19

Spa in Spain

Here is my Spa at the front of my villa in Spain - in use every day when we are over there! Brilliant. (As you can see I am a fan of American products!).

Next project is to put an above ground pool on the second terrace and deck it in and maybe move the Spa down as well. This site has been an inspiration! Thanks.

64m3 (17K US gallons) 9m x 4.5m fully tiled (Vidrepur) pool. Viron P320 eVo variable speed pump, Concept Plus Smart PH E SW chlorinator, Astral filter (Activated Glass), 2x LED controllable lights. Solar cover installed and solar heating plumbing installed for later installation of collectors.