Calcium for Vinyl pools???

Craig

LifeTime Supporter
May 24, 2007
Staten Island NY
Okay I thought I finally had it but just read the current months newsletter and now I'm confused again.

I thought Calcium was a non issue for vinyl lined pools, but in the article about saltwater chlorine generators and stone degradation under Myth 1 fact B you write "Low pH levels can etch plaster and damage vinyl liner pools". Is this true?

I successfully made it through my first year with very low calcium. Can I continue to do so? I know pool equipment generally recommends the addition of calcium, but this site generally dismisses that statement for vinyl lined pools.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

So far going into my third year with low Calcium and no issues therefore I tip my hat to you. :king:

On a different but same note :?: ; how about low calcium for pool equipment, specifically gas heaters? Is this okay? I remember reading somewhere that not keeping proper pool chemistry can void a Hayward warranty. Calcium was on the chart for proper levels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.