Wanting to convert from Baquacil to Chlorine

u8yvy2eq.jpg

The last two hourly readings have slid from 7.5 to 5.0. I read in other forums that the sun will tend to dissipate the bleach faster, so I think I will wait till sunset to add more bleach. You can see in the picture that the color of the water is more blue-green than the green previously, not sure what that means if anything.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

ryqe4yru.jpg

As you can see. In the pic the walls are starting to be visible almost to the bottom. My hourly FC readings for the last 3 hours have been 11 to 13 ppm and now I'm adding about 1/2 jug of bleach. Just purchased some 20 mule borax from walmart. I'm looking over the list of testing media I will need. This has been really cool so far converting over. Can't wait to open the pool up for enjoyment. Thanks to all for the help, support and guidance through this. I'm the kind of guy that likes to know what's coming before it gets here. That's why I ask the questions.

I was amazed by my conversion. I could not believe how easy it was and felt silly for being so intimidated by it. I was lucky to find this forum. I was reviewing the procedure for a couple if years before I decided to take the plunge...pardon the pun...lol. Nothing wrong with asking questions...everybody here always seems willing to help. Asking questions is why your pool is looking as good as is does right now :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When FC an hour after chlorine is add is at least 10, you have a choice to make. Switching to only adding chlorine in the evenings (and optionally night) will make better use of chlorine (less total chlorine required) but continuing to add chlorine during the day will get the conversion completed more quickly.

8e5yraga.jpg

It's around 80 degrees wirh 80% humidity and I just got done cutting the grass in the backyard. Looking at how good the pool looks right now I just want to jump right in. The sun seems to be eating up my bleach now. Down to 7.5 FC last test.

That's a personal call only you can really make. By adding chlorine only at night, you're slowing down the process, as nothing's killing the baqua during the day. You are however going to save a TON of money by adding at night, as the sun won't consume your chlorine.....it will all be free to attack the baqua.

Kinda a trade off.....do you want it done quick, or do you want it done cheap?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.