Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help Filter/Pump problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Help Filter/Pump problem

Hey Guys, I need some help in a bad way.

For some reason whenever I vacuum my pool for some reason the head on my multi port valve lifts off the spider gasket and water "pours" out of the waste line, also whenever the pump shuts off I can hear air being pulled back into the filter through the waste line.

I have taken the valve apart and cleaned and inspected the spider gasket, I have also added a check valve to the feed line on my pump in case I was developing an air pocket.....

I fully submerge the hose in the pool and make sure there is no air in it......but as soon as I start vacuuming air gets pulled into the system from somwhere because the return in the aquagenie starts spitting out
    16x32 In ground
    Hayward 2 Speed pump
    500lb Hayward Sand Filter
    Aquaplus SWG
    Owner built
    Pool Chemistry Not available yet

2. Back To Top    #2
    Lakeland, FL

Re: Help Filter/Pump problem

Have you checked the status of the hose?
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Help Filter/Pump problem

The main spring in the multiport may be weak. How old are valve & filter?
    APSP CST Certified
    17k inground concrete; 1.5hp 2 speed Tristar pump, 300sq.ft. Cartridge filter, AquaLogic PS-4 w/ Tcell-15, Navigator suction cleaner.