Pentair Whisperflo Lid Alignment?

May 3, 2011
PSL, FL
I have a Pentair WF. There are alignment marks on the Lid. If I tighten it reasonably by hand, it doesn't come very close to alignment. I have air inthe basket and am trying to track it down. I was thinking of making a wrench or buying a wrench to tighten the lid. But I'm afraid to put that much pressure on the Volute.

Do you guys get your lids aligned when closing?

A lot of air. It pulls prime but it could pull it faster in my opinion.

I think I found the leak yesterday. I've gone through a lot of things looking for it since I bought the house in April. I used a stethoscope that I made to listen for vacuum leaks on my car and found the skimmer valve seems to be leaking on the connection closest to the ground. Good thing, is that in the meantime, all the seals got replaced everywhere on the suction side!

I have some JB Water Weld to seal the connection up. Is that good for that purpose?

Do check those drain plugs on the bottom of the pump basket housing. They can let in air that you don't see much in the lid.

Skimmer valve? We just opened up a Jandy Neverlube valve body to find the larger o-ring was a little bit cracked. I read that this o-ring is to be lubed annually, I'm sure it never had been in 9 - 10 years. Silicone lube fixed it.

anonapersona said:
Do check those drain plugs on the bottom of the pump basket housing. They can let in air that you don't see much in the lid.

Skimmer valve? We just opened up a Jandy Neverlube valve body to find the larger o-ring was a little bit cracked. I read that this o-ring is to be lubed annually, I'm sure it never had been in 9 - 10 years. Silicone lube fixed it.

I think I listened around that valve but now am not sure.

I'll check that out, thanx!

The Hurricane Irene is kinda ruining outside stuff today so don't know whether I'll get to the Water Weld or not. I'll see if I can catch it between bands of rain.

anonapersona said:

I believe it about the valves. All 3 of my suction valves had broken, flattened, hardened O-rings. Installed in 2007.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.