Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Whisperflo Lid Alignment?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Whisperflo Lid Alignment?

I have a Pentair WF. There are alignment marks on the Lid. If I tighten it reasonably by hand, it doesn't come very close to alignment. I have air inthe basket and am trying to track it down. I was thinking of making a wrench or buying a wrench to tighten the lid. But I'm afraid to put that much pressure on the Volute.

Do you guys get your lids aligned when closing?
    14x30 PebbleTec(Caribbean Blue) 12,000 Gals BORAX
    Pentair IntelliFlo <<>> Pentair FNS Plus DE
    Pentair 5G Intellibrite w/Intellibrite Controller
    ROME Solarium 125 Heat Pump
    Kreepy Krauly Classic <<>> Pentair 320 Feeder

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Whisperflo Lid Alignment?

How much air?

Does the pump seem to have trouble pulling prime?

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

A lot of air. It pulls prime but it could pull it faster in my opinion.

I think I found the leak yesterday. I've gone through a lot of things looking for it since I bought the house in April. I used a stethoscope that I made to listen for vacuum leaks on my car and found the skimmer valve seems to be leaking on the connection closest to the ground. Good thing, is that in the meantime, all the seals got replaced everywhere on the suction side!

I have some JB Water Weld to seal the connection up. Is that good for that purpose?

4. Back To Top    #4

Do check those drain plugs on the bottom of the pump basket housing. They can let in air that you don't see much in the lid.

Skimmer valve? We just opened up a Jandy Neverlube valve body to find the larger o-ring was a little bit cracked. I read that this o-ring is to be lubed annually, I'm sure it never had been in 9 - 10 years. Silicone lube fixed it.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by anonapersona
    Do check those drain plugs on the bottom of the pump basket housing. They can let in air that you don't see much in the lid.

Skimmer valve? We just opened up a Jandy Neverlube valve body to find the larger o-ring was a little bit cracked. I read that this o-ring is to be lubed annually, I'm sure it never had been in 9 - 10 years. Silicone lube fixed it.
    I think I listened around that valve but now am not sure.

I'll check that out, thanx!

The Hurricane Irene is kinda ruining outside stuff today so don't know whether I'll get to the Water Weld or not. I'll see if I can catch it between bands of rain.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by anonapersona

I believe it about the valves. All 3 of my suction valves had broken, flattened, hardened O-rings. Installed in 2007.