Autopilot SIG 220 vs. Aquarite Pro Vs. Aquapure Ei

Oct 28, 2009
Hi, I have a Autopilot SIG-220 with an SC-36 cell (also have an alternate SC-48) which is about 4 years old (SC-48 cell has less than 2 years) that is giving me trouble. Even though I'm still doing trouble shooting to see if can identify the issue (Power supply, cell, cable, etc; had another post on this) am considering buying a new unit. I was looking for data on other units and the Hayward Aqua Rite Pro and the Zodiac Aquapure Ei units seems to be good units, but could not find any reviews. If you were to buy a new SWG, among the AutoPilot Digital, Hayward and Zodiac models mentioned above, which one would you recommend and why? My pool is inground, about 15k gallons and runs 6 hours a day with a variable speed drive 2 hp Pentair pump.

Thanks, :)

Francisco

I, too, am looking for recommended SWG units.

In my case, I'm looking for one with a digital timer for controlling the pump, and freeze protection. My PB has offered the Aquapilot SIG-220, and from what I can see on this unit, it provides the functions I'm looking for.

Are there others I should consider instead of this unit, or do you think this should serve us well?

mhosborn, that would be AutoPilot DIG-220. You have three cell choices, RC-35/22, RC-42, and RC-52, depending on how large your pool is. You can always upsize the cell too.
The DIG-220 has the features you're looking for.
Most other units with timers are mechanical timers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.