Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Autopilot SIG 220 vs. Aquarite Pro Vs. Aquapure Ei

1. Back To Top    #1

Autopilot SIG 220 vs. Aquarite Pro Vs. Aquapure Ei

Hi, I have a Autopilot SIG-220 with an SC-36 cell (also have an alternate SC-48) which is about 4 years old (SC-48 cell has less than 2 years) that is giving me trouble. Even though I'm still doing trouble shooting to see if can identify the issue (Power supply, cell, cable, etc; had another post on this) am considering buying a new unit. I was looking for data on other units and the Hayward Aqua Rite Pro and the Zodiac Aquapure Ei units seems to be good units, but could not find any reviews. If you were to buy a new SWG, among the AutoPilot Digital, Hayward and Zodiac models mentioned above, which one would you recommend and why? My pool is inground, about 15k gallons and runs 6 hours a day with a variable speed drive 2 hp Pentair pump.

Thanks,

Francisco
    In ground plaster - 24,000 Gallons
    PacFab Nautilus FNS 48sq ft DE filter
    PacFab 1.5HP Challenger pump
    PB4 booster pump w/ Mars automatic cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Autopilot SIG 220 vs. Aquarite Pro Vs. Aquapure Ei

I, too, am looking for recommended SWG units.

In my case, I'm looking for one with a digital timer for controlling the pump, and freeze protection. My PB has offered the Aquapilot SIG-220, and from what I can see on this unit, it provides the functions I'm looking for.

Are there others I should consider instead of this unit, or do you think this should serve us well?
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.

3. Back To Top    #3

mhosborn, that would be AutoPilot DIG-220. You have three cell choices, RC-35/22, RC-42, and RC-52, depending on how large your pool is. You can always upsize the cell too.
    The DIG-220 has the features you're looking for.
    Most other units with timers are mechanical timers.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

4. Back To Top    #4

Poolsean,

Thanks.....I've told my PB to go ahead and order the DIG-200, and to upsize the cell if needed. (Our pool will be approx. 13,000 gallons).

Mike
    16 x 31, Approx. 12,000 Gal Freeform IG pool; Flagstone coping; Quartzscapes Super Blue plaster finish; Tanning ledge w/2 bubblers; 1 HP Pentair Whisperflo pump, Pentair sand filter; (2) Pentair Intellibrite LEDs w/controller; Easytouch8 w/IC-40 SWG; Salt finish concrete decking.