PICS of our AGP and Deck install

Great, thats what I was asking, I will be doing it basically the same way, just bracing up after I make the square part of the deck and it looks fine to me, it does what is designed to do, support the top of the deck. I had been looking at other decks all over the internet including the ones with plans that are using a 4x4 or 4 x 6 every three feet or so allover with 2 x 8's or 2 x 10s for the frame and joists. I thinks its a bit of over kill even though I know some areas have to follow code. First of all at the price of treated lumber I dont want the deck costing more than the pool, thats why I am buying an above ground pool and not putting one in the ground. Tks again for the details and the pic. Ya'll enjoy the deck and pool!!!

That was just step one. Next came building the deck. I learned a lot during the process! First thing I learned was staking things out does not give you the proper prospective of how large your deck will actually be!! My husband staked things out and told me it would be plenty big, but I pouted and finally got my way with him making it larger. Once we started building the deck I realized he was right all along ha ha. That is okay we ended up with a great sized deck!!

This is the where we planned on building the deck:
Pool13.jpg

This is during the installation of the posts:
Pool14.jpg

Pool15.jpg

The process took a little longer then expected due to many pool breaks :)
Pool16.jpg

We learned quickly it was more efficient to work at night due to the heat:
Pool17.jpg

My husband wanted the stained look so instead of getting treated wood we bought untreated wood and stained and treated EACH AND EVERY PIECE. NEVER AGAIN WILL I DO THAT AGAIN. The deck building took sooooo much longer then anticipated due to this extra step.
Pool19.jpg

Pool20.jpg

Pool21.jpg

Instead of spending hundreds of dollars on stairs to go in the deck we rigged the stairs that came with the pool so that we could attach them to the deck. We just cut off the back part and built up wood to screw the stairs to the deck.
Pool22.jpg

We put the deck under the top of the pool rim so that we could replace the liner easily when needed:
Pool23.jpg

Here are some overall shots. We still have some finish work to do, but at this point we are just enjoying our pool and will finish up things when the weather gets cooler!!
Pool24.jpg

Pool25.jpg

This deck is awesome. I know this is an old post but I just put up a pool just like that and was looking for ideas for a deck and came across yours. It looks fairly easy to do. How much did all the wood run you and how long did it take?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh yes, they do it all the time around here and some really nice jobs at that. In fact, they are likely done better than some pro would do it, and this looks like on of those to me.
Agree with Pat! We're doing our own deck and usually, I would run to my dad and brother for help but my husband and I agreed that we would not ask anyone for help and do it ourselves. This forum and site is full of DIY members. There was a gorgeous wrap around deck just posted by someone who never built anything out of wood and it looked better than a professional install. :cool:

Hi there. I really like your deck. Did you have any plans for it - as in, how did you know what you'd need to buy? I'd like to have someone build something similar for me, but the estimates are coming in around 2K. Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.