Bonding Pool Water

Jun 20, 2011
In NJ it is electrical code that the pool must be bonded in certain places. According to the NEC 2008, 680.26(C) Pool water. Pool water shall have an electrical connection to one or more of bonded parts described in 680.26(B).where none of the bonded parts is in direct connection with the pool water, the pool water shall be in direct contact with an approved corrosion- resistant conductive surface that exposes not less than 9 inches2 of surface area to the pool water at all times.

Our pool supplier (AT HOME RECREATION) did not give us a part for this and didn't inform us that we needed one until AFTER we failed electrical inspection. :( Of course then they wanted to charge us $$$ for the conversion kit; they wouldn't just give it to us. We did a credit card dispute regarding the purchase because essentially a failed inspection means a useless product, in theory. The pool company called and yelled at my husband, saying that they were in the pool business for 30+ years (formally as BRANCH BROOK) and we were not going to "get one over on them." We have since lost that dispute and plan to maybe take up the matter with the BBB. (This was not the first instance of what we deemed to be shady business tactics).

This still leaves us in the position of getting something that will bond the pool water at the skimmer or at the filter basket. We are looking for the most affordable, effective product that will not void warranties so we can get this pool inspection wrapped up. We figure we'll put on the part at the end of the season when we're closing up the pool. (I guess I'll have to read the TFP pool closing tips soon.) Does anyone have any recommendations as we're definitely not going back to the original pool store?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.