Refit Gardiner Maine

I decided i cant afford the prices the pool shops want to replace the liner, so i am going to try to do it myself(with friends) for 1/2 the cost.

In order to acurately measure i had to pump it out, and remove the liner as it was pulling away from the edges, and i could not get an acurate measurement.

(some photos are not as clear as ide like.....)

Attachments

• LinerOut2.JPG
    LinerOut2.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 194
  • LinerOut.JPG
    LinerOut.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 194
  • LinerOut3.JPG
    LinerOut3.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 194
Hey there, welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your project. Looks like a job, but you'll have some experienced under your belt. Really nice to have an indoor pool I bet. Especially up there! Hope to see it when you start.

So its been a while, but we finaly have the liner in. I did not do it myself because i found a pool company that was willing to diagnose the watter line issue. I had 2 skimmers and 5 return lines. they had to cut into the wall to repair one of the returns that was broken right behind the wall, and completely block another return. Ihave 4 that still function... so i am happy. The water is still a little green. (a little better than in this pic) i shocked the pool per the liner installers instructions.... seems to be at about 18ppm for about 2 days now.....i have it covered, and its indoors so no sunlight. I am going to uncover it tonight hoping to get the chlorine levels back down..... Stabaliser is almost 0 and it is reading as 0 combined chlorine.

I seem to be loosing about 3/4 of an inch of watter a day.... so it looks like i get to play the game of find the leak as well... the liner installer did a pressure test on the lines and they are all good. He thinks its around the stairs so is going to come back tomorow with some dye..... If it is... we will have to drain it back down and try sealing it up again. Dont realy want to do that.. but i dont see what other options i have other than replace 500gallons of watter a day.

I also picked up a 200,000 btu propane heater for $200 on craigs list (10 years old hayward h200) that we are setting up outside temporarily until we can find a permanent place. ofcourse that needed a few parts... they are supposed to be in next week.

Attachments

• PoolApril72012.JPG
    PoolApril72012.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 114
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.