Aqua Rite Plus and Eco Star Pump

Morning All,

New pool this season and Im trying to dial in the SWG and get my FC settings correct but wanted some help prior to calling technical support. I currently have the SWG set at 30% and I have 3 timers set on the Aqua Plus to run the EcoStar Pump.

Timer 1 --1pm to 4pm @ 1898 RPM
Timer 2 --4pm to 12am @ 345 RPM
Timer 3 --6am to 1pm @ 1767 RPM

Heres my questions and I cant find the answer in any of the Hayward manuals or online.

1. When the SWG calculates 30% of the pump run time---does it take all timers into account or simply the first one? I know that this seems like a silly question and that it should certainly take all into account, but I went out to my panel at 9am this morning and the Aqua Plus stated that chlorinator was off as the % had been met.

2. If in fact the SWG does take all timers into account ,what happens when you have a timer that is running at a speed that doesn't produce enough flow to turn on the SWG? I have an Eco Star pump and run Timer 2 (4pm-12am) at the lowest speed which doesn't produce enough flow to turn on the SWG. I suppose you could just compensate for this by adjusting the percentage up but just curious.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

After I posted this I figured that you might need some more info that I neglected to include. Ive balanced my water chemistry and have a CYA of 70 so Im shooting for a FC target of 5 according to the CYA/FC chart. The last few evenings FC has been at 1 and with no CCs. I know I should increase the % time on the SWG but want to understand exactly how this works before I just blindly change the setting.

Thanks again guys!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.