The black ring is gone!

x2rider

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 19, 2011
Bartlesville, OK
I came across a thread on here where someone mentioned they don't get the "black ring" in their skimmer anymore, and then it hit me. I used to have this black ring as well, and if the thermometer got in the skimmer, it too would build up a black ring of goo around the top of it. I went out to check it, and it's all gone, no more buildup, no more black goo! And I thought I needed those oil sucking sponges to control that.

Go BBB!

x2rider said:
I came across a thread on here where someone mentioned they don't get the "black ring" in their skimmer anymore, and then it hit me. I used to have this black ring as well, and if the thermometer got in the skimmer, it too would build up a black ring of goo around the top of it. I went out to check it, and it's all gone, no more buildup, no more black goo! And I thought I needed those oil sucking sponges to control that.

Go BBB!

I still use the "oil sucking sponge" as my daughter, wife, and I, all slather on sunblock.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.