Just had a baby and wasnt able to tend to the pool as usual. I thought I had it covered just instructing others to put in bleach but there is no substitute for actually seeing the pool myself. Anyway, went out tonight and there was a greenish hue with some apparent algae on the floor of the pool. Problem is I dont have a great test kit (am upgrading next year but cant now). What is the best course of action? I already added enough bleach to shock, but what now? How should I try to keep it at shock level w/out knowing for sure the #'s. I know this is impossible to answer accurately, I am looking for your best guesses and any help or tips. Have read pool school several times but the crucial thing is always a good set of numbers which I just cant give. Would it be better than nothing to run some water to the pool store? Of just keep eyeing things up and see what happens? I have used the test kit I have and some strips all summer with no trouble because I always keep an eye on the water quality. It really has been a sparkling oasis until I was unable to check it for a few days. I love our pool! Please help!